Get Your Glow On!
My hope to all of my readers, is that you were able to enjoy the Thanksgiving Day holidays in your own special way- whether it be with friends, family, or on your own...regardless of the place or whom you are with, I hope that you all had a happy holiday! I know it's difficult at times to stop and relax during the Holidays as it often gets hectic...be sure to find some time today or over the weekend/during your time off...or whenever time allows- to allow yourself to relax.
Pick an activity that you love to do on your down time- whether it be sitting in a relaxing bubble bath and reading one of your fav books or taking advantage of the latest skincare mask that's just been begging you to give it a try. Whatever you choose, make sure that the task is something that truly brings you relaxation and is also something that can be achieved in 15 -30 mins. with little prep time or effort!
Want some ideas...? Check out my fav list of some of my own personal relaxation activities that are not only affordable, but easy to do, fun, and inexpensive ;) As an added Holiday bonus, I've also included one my of my top recommended product for helping you get your glow on- without an expensive and skin-damaging trip to the salon, tanning booth, or sun exposure...even during the Winter...and without breaking the bank! Be sure to check out those great products in today's special bonus recommended product review that includes 3 great products from Chocolate Sun, below!
The Beauty Closet's Quick & Easy Relaxation Activities for Adults:
- At-home salon foot treatment: Skip the expensive trip and treat yourself to an at-home spa treatment! I love using a foot soak or treatment like BabyFeet to leave your feet soft and looking fab!
- Another easy at-home treatment that I like is a skincare mask- there are a variety of inexpensive brands and masks out there to treat a wide array of skin issues and concerns- 2 of my top picks: Freeman and BeautyMasque both make some awesomely affordable ones for almost any skin concern out there! Not only will your skin feel rejuvenated...but so will you ;)
- Take a dip into a bath made for a queen: place a few candles or incense around the bath before running a hot bath and add in a couple of bath bombs or your favorite luxe shower gel or bubble bath and enjoy a nice, relaxing soak! Add your favorite book or magazine and you've got yourself a relaxing oasis ;) One of my fav's: Molton Brown Silver Birch Thermal Bath Soak [$40].
- Have an adult coloring session: Yup!...you read correctly...adult coloring! Did you ever enjoy sitting down and coloring as a child? Well, there have been multiple studies and research showing that its not only beneficial as a relaxation technique, but it's also been proven to be a great technique for those with other conditions such as cancer patients and those experiencing anxiety or depression. Adult coloring was found to reduce not only the emotional but physical effects of these conditions of the patients who participated in the research studies. DesignOriginals makes some super cute & affordable adult coloring books for around $4.99 - $15 ea.!
- Try your hand at a new craft! There are plenty crafts out there that are super affordable and won't cost much to get started- even if you don't have the materials laying around the house already! DesignOriginals also carries a huge selection of craft books with a variety of different craft ideas and focuses, if you need some ideas. Learn how to rust and patina your own items, try out origami or paper-cutting, or learn how to make your own jewelry, stationary, and more!
The Beauty Closet Recommends:
Cocoa Glow Tanning Cream Face & Body
[medium to dark skin tones]
These guys have become my go-to brand when I need sunless tanning products! Thus far, every product I've given a try has really been a product that I liked and these were no exception! The first is also my favorite out of today's collection featured from Chocloate sun- it smells great and contains tons of good-for-you ingredients like Shea butter, sweet Almond, Coconut, and Jojoba oils - plus vanilla and green tea leaf extracts, to leave your skin feeling soft, smooth, and moisturized.
The formula absorbs well into the skin, without feeling greasy or leaving behind an unwanted residue. It also leaves a fabulous skin-kissed glow and this is one that will probably work well for most skin tones and even worked quite well on my own super fair skin tone, without causing me to look like an 'oompa-loompa'. The color doesn't full develop until after around 6-8 hrs; I would strongly suggest to apply this product about 30 mins. to an hr. before bedtime to allow it to fully dry and to avoid transfer to your bedding & clothing. This way, you will see the full developed color in the morning when you get up!
Cocoa Illume Tanning Face Gel
[medium to dark skintone]
I really love the texture and lightweight feeling of this product, which is why it's perfect for face and neck application! It's also lightly scented and leaves behind an instant glow due to this product's ability to develop a beautiful and natural golden glow quickly! Provides an even, sun-kissed glow that doesn't look orange either :)
Formulated with Aloe and a proprietary blend of botanicals and herbs, this easy-to-apply tanning face gel will make you wish you'd found this awesome product sooner! Great for all skin tones, but particularly great on medium to dark skin tones and for those who might want a bit more and/or deeper color. If you've been on the hunt for the perfect sunless tanning product that's made specifically for the face and actually brings even, natural results- then this is the product for you!
Chocolate Sun Cocoa Fleur 2 Tanning Atomizer
[medium to dark skin tones]
Want an easy way to effectively prolong your professionally-applied or at-home golden-glow sunless treatment... or perhaps you'd like to easily achieve the perfect golden glow without all of the fuss? This is an excellent product to give a try! Provides professional looking results without the high price of some of the products I've seen currently out on the market! They are either way over-priced and smell terrible, or contain tons of unwanted, yucky ingredients, or don't bring the results they promise! This product forgoes all of those issues and delivers just what is says it will do- the perfect golden brown tan, without breaking the bank, leaving behind an undesirable smell, or leaving your skin with an orange hue. Contains tons of botanicals and antioxidants to leave your skin soft and soothed, while giving you professional results that are noticeable ;)